Get Help

You can get advice about what treatment is available as a first step to recovery. This can be obtained from the following sources:

  • By talking to your GP about getting help
  • Through Social Services
  • Through local drug and alcohol support agencies (these can be found on your local government or council website)
  • By finding a drug agency at

Staff at these agencies and departments will work with you to decide on whether you are eligible for treatment through residential or community rehab.

Useful Links

Below are some useful links that you might find helpful from other agencies to contact who also specialise in recovery from Substance Misuse.

Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous.

To find out advice from the NHS on calculating units and medical advice click here.

Drugscope gives independent signposting advice about services.

Talk to Frank is a confidential service offering advice and information about substance misuse.

Derby Alcohol gives advice and support about alcohol.

Scottish Drug Forum (SDF) is a membership based drugs policy and information organisation and is a national resources of expertise on drugs issues.

UK Harm Reduction Alliance is a campaigning coalition of drug users, health and social care workers, criminal justice workers and educationalists that aims to put public health and human rights at the centre of drug treatment and service provision for drug users.

Care Quality Commission are the independent regulator of all health and social care services in England.

National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse (NTA) is a National Health Service special health authority, established to improve the availability, capacity and effectiveness of drug treatment in England


In crisis?  If you need someone to talk to outside of office hours, please call Talk to Frank on 0800 77 66 00.  They provide 24/7 confidential advice and support.